Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Cause Marketing King

Sometimes I find it amazing that friends, associates and even strangers can pick up on things about us that we haven't notice for years! Today I was at Bible study during Sunday school and I was giving my pastor the "Whoa is me" routine. He's the kind of pastor that always listens intuitively, but when he speaks, its as those he's all up in your "kool aid!"  He calls it divine intervention with a Biblical twist! Today I told the group about a traumatic experience I had while working on one of my first career paths (San Diego Gas & Electric), here in San Diego. Some people could see that I was still shaken up by the experience and that it was clearly stapled to the walls of my memory banks. (Heck, shutting off people for non-payment of Gas & Electric bills while running for my life was not how I planned to make my first million!)

However, the pastor paused slightly with reckless abandon, gazed right through me and with a stern pointing of his finger made the remark that I could have been wealthy by now if I had taken his advice sometime ago and wrote a book about the experience. The truth is he was right because I had started on the manuscript years ago and had plenty of "real live notes" from twenty-five years of being in the field . As I think back over today's incident in church I thanked God for having a pastor who can "read-me-like-a-book!"

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, when a Pastor comes down your street and you are receptive to change, we sometimes think people have been talking and the Pastor is preaching ON us. If we stop thinking it's all about us, we may actually be ready to recieve whta the Lord has for us. At times we are so busy discounting what the Pastor has for us that we miss the blessing. We must learn to hear the voice of God no matter where it comnes from.

    ReplyDelete