Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thirty Deeds in Thirty Days-The Cause Marketing King

Day 18 of my Thirty Deeds in Thirty Days and though it may seem like I've been doing nothing significant-some of you know me and that is a stretch from the truth. So what is the truth? First, I continue to work on raising $20,000 for a friend suffering with breast cancer. A fundraiser has been put together called "Jazz & Jokes" featuring a Jazz band and several world class comedians; I've put together a synopsis to revive a former community street fair and recommended that it be revived. I've set up two separate dates to feed the Homeless, one on Thanksgiving day and another at a Senior recreation center two days before Thanksgiving. I continue to work on the Dr. Martin Luther King Breakfast for the Jackie Robinson YMCA, the Dr. Martin Luther King Parade Committee and even volunteered to deliver this Sunday's Bible study! I've met with three different San Diego non-profit organizations this past week regarding events or how to raise immediate funds. While on vacation from my Radio gig for the next ten days I plan to visit the downtown San Diego USO to thank some soldiers for their service, lead some middle school students on a tour of a radio station, some volunteer journalistic work for the Urban League of San Diego County, work on my own non-profit corporation in establishing its 501 (c) 3 status by 2011 and finally, attempt to "do something for me" on Black Friday! How's that for a full calendar?

No comments:

Post a Comment