Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thirty Deeds in Thirty Days-Reflection

Today I drove around town paying close attention to people in general; I drove up College Avenue near Federal where I encountered three different people standing on street corners at street lights with signs. One saying "Will work for food," another saying, "Homeless Veteran" and a third with a Psalm Scripture on it. One was white woman, one was Mexican and one Black. The ironic part is that I had seen them the day before and the day before in the same general proximity but a different street corner causing me to wonder were they really homeless. As I listened to the news I heard on CNN today that one out of every four children live in poverty and are hungry in the United States. What's the point you say? Hunger and poverty don't discriminate, they don't differentiate between race, color, creed or religion. They don't affect just the old or Senior Citizens, they don't have socioeconomic barriers, white or blue collar. And last but not least, it's not going to go away over night. Can one person really make a difference? Most definitely! Here's my point to all of this-find something, anything, that YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE and Just Do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment